Monday, October 10, 2011

NYFW - PART I

I finally went through most of the New York Fashion Week shows - yes, only NY! London, Milan and Paris are still on my TO DO list - and I wanted to share some of it with you. I'll put up part I of the shows today, the other part is coming tomorrow (probably).

It's hard to pick any favourites since these are already my favourite looks out of the bunch, but if I had to pick a few: 3.1. Philip Lim, ALC, Band Of Outsiders, Olivier Theyskens' Theory and T by Alexander Wang.

Remarkable let-downs were: Proenza Schouler (yes, you read that right, sorry boys... not this time), Marc Jacobs/Marc by Marc Jacobs - just not feeling it at all (& dare I say a little bit boring?) and Alexander Wang, but he made that up by a fantastic T by Alexander Wang collection - so no worries Mr. Wang. (still love you all guys)

10 CROSBY


Aah Derek Lam, how I love your use of colour. This was probably the brightest collection of them all - made me happy!

3.1 Phillip Lim


This is... Aaaah-mazing. Cue 'YES PLEASE'!

ALC


Very wearable, very feminine yet tomboyish at the same time - instant love.

BAND OF OUTSIDERS


And as much as I love colour, Scott Sternberg showed us just how good simple can be. 2 colours and that's it. Sweet and innocent, the things you'd imagine wearing on a beautiful spring day.

CHRISTIAN SIRIANO


I wouldn't wear any of these looks, but that doesn't mean I can't like them, right? If you like tule, check out the rest of his show.

CREATURES OF THE WILD


A bit weird at times, but overall, there were some very lovely things in here and surprisingly quite wearable as well (yes, even despite the weirdness).

GRAEME ARMOUR


Ladies, remember his name because this is what you'll be wearing if you're in a 'though but beautiful'-kind of mood.

J. CREW


Aah, J.Crew. This makes me wonder why you haven't actually crossed the pond yet? Very "Let's go do a picknick in the park". Nothing special, just, lovely.

JENNI KAYNE


Jenni Kayne, I can't remember when she's ever done something I didn't like. She's got a great vision and yet again, didn't disappoint. And even though only a few things spoke to me in this collection, I absolutely love how simple but PERFECT these 3 are.

JIL SANDER NAVY


Hehe. Mind you, this is not Jil Sander, but Jil Sander Navy. Simple, sweet, lovely,... What else?


JULIAN LOUIE


Great subtle use of patterns, nice silhouettes and mix of textures... good!

And as mentioned before: STAY TUNED for PART II! ;)

All images via Style.com

3 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

some good stuff going on, like you mentioned not amazing just nice. the shoe things on the jil sander navy collection are ace though i think

Anonymous said...

jil sander and julian loui amazing love it

EvE.CG indie jewelry design

Bagels Recipes said...

Great bblog post

 

Web Site Counter

html statistics