Friday, May 20, 2011

GIVENCHY

The show was a while ago (on march 6th to be exact!), so maybe you've already seen a few of the runway pictures of the Givenchy A/W11 show, but I think most of you haven't seen these...

Seeing backstage pictures of the runway shows is just such a delight. All the girls are wearing extraordinary clothes, they're looking happy and the atmosphere is just fun fun fun. PLUS: close-ups of the clothes (and in this case: the prints & fabrics)

The Givenchy show was definitely one of the best shows I've seen this past runway season (although granted, I haven't seen many of them), love love loved it. I'm such a sweater+jacket kind of girl and Riccardo Tisci just took things up a notch. I spotted crazy prints in the form of flowers, black bears and the occasional pin-up girl, sheer fabrics, satins, velvets,... Topped of with some dorky glasses and a fun hat.

So yes Mr. Tisci, if the rumours are true and you're really taking over at Dior after John Galliano's unfortunate stint (and this is indeed your last job over at Givenchy): well done. Although secretly, I still hope it's just a bad joke.

















All pictures by Morgan O'Donovan via DazedDigital

8 comments:

The Fashion Writress said...

Yeaaaaah this is it. Perfect photography and I am insane over the last skirt with the patent <3

Stacy said...

Gorgeous. The angora sweater with floral crest and pencil skirt - made for me most definitely!

So does this mean I should be submitting my resume to Givnechy now?

Karoline Kalvø said...

Amazing blog. Great inspiration!!!

Come visit me
Karoline Kalvo

Andrew said...

these are the nicest photos I've seen of the colleciton
so beautiful

heleen said...

Ow shit hoe cool is die pantertrui met mesh?

Cara Edwards said...

Those hats and that panther shirt! Glorious!

Anonymous said...

The yellow glasses I will get one...

glamfashionistafashionista.blogspot.com

Ives He said...

Hey, thanks for the comment. I'm glad to see you're a Riccardo fan as well. Whether he is moving to Dior or not, we have amazing designs to look forward to from this talented man.

 

Web Site Counter

html statistics